Customer service challenges
The Fairmont Peace Hotel discovered that on a day-to-day basis, staff were often liable to miss call instructions during peak periods, and forgot to trace the call back afterwards. This meant that responses were delayed and customers were not satisfied.
For this reason, the Hotel needed to be equipped with radios that were capable of sending text messages, and could be interconnected with the existing office platform to ensure timely, accurate and convenient call instruction delivery. The message had to real-time, with the ability to view immediately and keep a history of messages.
Furthermore, instructions needed to be delivered quietly (to avoid disturbing hotel customers) in order to upgrade service quality & efficiency.
Knowing that Hytera's DMR series products were powerful and adapted to solve the problems above, Fairmont Peace Hotel invited Hytera to develop a system. The requirements were as follows:
- A professional digital communications system complying with the global trend of improving management efficiency.
- High voice quality when communicating within hotel premises, anywhere, anytime.
- Can choose different voice call types, including All Call, Group Call and Private Call, according to service requirements.
- Develop a gateway for wireless interconnection between the SMS communication system and the mail system of the Hotel's internal office platform.
After analysing the Hotel's architectural structure, department settings and end user quantity, Hytera provided a DMR conventional solution with two four-channel carriers, which can support up to 200 terminals.
The system is divided into several groups, supporting both Private Call and Group Call, making it convenient for management and dispatching. Also, the system could support expansion and smooth migration in the future.
To meet the needs of data transmission and interconnection with the existing office platform, Hytera developed a gateway to connect wireless communications, SMS and the mail system of the existing office platform. The system dispatcher can send and receive short messages in both Chinese and English via the mail system with room service, and vice versa.
Reduced cost - improved quality
After deploying the Hytera DMR solution, the Fairmont Peace Hotel is seeing plenty of benefits, including:
- Improved Audio Quality – With the combined application of narrowband codec and digital error-correction technologies, the DMR solution is capable of ensuring superior transmission in noisy environments or at the edge of the coverage area.
- Reduced Ownership Costs – Thanks to TDMA technology, the system splits the channel using the same spectrum resource. DMR products are also compatible with the analogue system, ensuring a smooth analogue-to-digital transition in future.
- Versatile Functionalities – In addition to conventional communication services, now hotel staff could have access to rich data services and selectable functions such as Messaging, GPS Dispatching, High-Speed Data Transmission and Online Notification or Auto Registration.
- Reliable Terminals – All the Hytera DMR radios are strictly compliant with IP57 standards, ensuring outstanding performance even in harsh environments. The large-sized colour display and programmable keys make the operation more convenient.
- Secure Communication – With the advanced intrinsic encryption of the digital technology, managers can get enhanced encryption capability, ensuring the confidentiality of every call.